11.02.2011

November: A {Grateful} Month: Day 1

UPDATE: I can't help myself...I had to do something digital.




I've been reading this book:
29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker

It's about a lady who decides to give 29 gifts for 29 days to try and improve her health. She was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, which is an autoimmune disease that is pretty debilitating.

She also has a website that allows people to share their experiences with this challenge.

Anyways, I been feeling like I need to focus on something positive lately because I've been feeling kind of down. Can't really explain why...might be the pregnancy hormones or the stress of a new baby joining us soon or other details I won't go into. I just feel like I need to focus on something other than feeling sad. I realized around this time last year I was working on the 21 Day Challenge with Rhonna. I kind of wanted to do my own thing since I don't have a lot of time or energy at the moment to do anything elaborate. I'm keeping it simple, and I think I'll save the gift giving challenge for another time.

This being said, I am still feeling inspired to do something to get out of myself. It is November and that means Thanksgiving. So many stores are already glossing over this - Christmas was out before Halloween this year. I want to find things to be grateful for each day - no matter how small they may seem. This probably isn't going to very fancy, but I might turn this into a digi project later on.

So here's to Day 1 (yes, on November 2nd - I owe 2 grateful things today):

Nov 1 - I'm grateful that I had enough energy to get the laundry done, vacuum the floors, and spend time raking up leaves with E today. We had a good day. I even got a nap while she took one.

Supplies used: Grateful Glam - Rhonna Farrer, Stampin Up! - Falling Leaves, Autumn Spice, Jodie Lee - Junk Mail Overlays





No comments: