11.21.2010

Day 17

Day 17

I'm a little bit behind  because the last 2 days have been rough. Feeling depressed and not motivated. I'm hoping to get back on track. To be honest, I don't know why I've been feeling down - change of weather, time of the month, etc, etc. But I really don't want to make up excuses for how I feel. I just don't feel good. Rhonna's thoughts for Sunday were this:


"This is not the time to give up. It's the time to stay strong. Believe in yourself. 
You are made to succeed. Did you know that? You have it in you. Every single person does. Each of us are given a great potential...we just have to wade through all of the clutter that tends to gather around us through the years.
Weeding out the bad thoughts. 

The negativity.

Anything that takes away from our growth.



And, when we get tempted to go back to our old ways...think:

WHAT REALLY MATTERS?




GET RID OF THE CLUTTER. 



STOP.

STAY STILL


BE SURE TO LISTEN.


Listen to that voice inside of you that believes in you. That knows of your potential. It's in there. And if you can't hear it..I challenge you to STAY STILL & listen until you *can* hear it.

You are so amazing. There is no one else like you. Only ONE you...isn't that amazing to think of?
No one else can do what you can do. No one else has to offer what you have to offer.
do not discount that. It is a great blessing...& You are a great blessing to so many around you.
Look outward as you listen to that voice inward....& pay attention to what YOU can do to make the world around you a better place."


This really made me feel better. I know I need to take the time to just be still for 2 minutes and really listen. I know we don't believe the same things, but I know when I'm having a quiet moment to myself is when I feel the most spiritual. I haven't felt very spiritual for a while...and this challenge has been helping me reconnect with what I know I need to do. I think that is why I have had multiple days where I've just gone from being so happy to really depressed. It's because I'm trying to change. Change is hard for me period. I don't like trying to do things differently when I am in my comfort zone. I hope to continue with this challenge at least until the end of the year. Just try every day to be a little better. So I encourage each of you to take some time each day to stay still and listen. It can be helpful.

No comments: